SwiftMD was founded by board-certified emergency physicians, who know that many people who come to emergency rooms can be treated faster, better and for much less cost. More than 40% of people who access care in an ER just need a doctor's advice and possibly a prescription, and do not require a physical exam.
That has to change for the system to get better. We believe telemedicine, paired with electronic tools such as computer-assisted diagnosis and electronic medical records, can provide better, more convenient, more cost-effective healthcare.
The SwiftMD model of care
- Excellence. All of our physicians are American trained and board-certified in Emergency and Family Practice medicine, which makes them well qualified to diagnose a range of conditions
- Convenience. Our physicians are available for consultations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere.
- Transparency. Knowledge is control. Your Personal Health Record is accessible by you from our secure web server. It shows you physician notes, lets you track prescriptions and provides updated reports of medical care.
- Affordability. Our fees are very affordable, and less expensive than most urgent care facility, E.R.s, and many copays.
- Empowerment. With SwiftMD, the choice is always yours. You decide when to call the doctor and how to proceed. It’s like having a doctor in the family.